Crystal Peterson, RDLD
Food & Nutrition Manager
To schedule nutrition counseling, call
(319) 824-5081 or (888) 824-5081
Eating for Good Health
Medical Nutrition Therapy is recommended to actively manage or prevent a variety of chronic health conditions, including heart disease, diabetes, and high blood pressure.
A Grundy County Memorial Hospital dietician can provide nutritional assessment, nutrition counseling, and nutrition education for a variety of conditions, including eating disorders, and weight loss or weight gain needs. Nutrition counseling may be recommended as part of an overall cardiac rehabilitation program.
Subject areas covered through individual or small group classes with a GCMH registered dietician include:
- Making better food choices
- Changing your eating habits through behavioral strategies
- Preparing foods and modifying recipes
- Reading food labels and food shopping
- Planning meals and dining out
- Learning stress management techniques
In addition, Medical Weight Management group sessions that are taught by GCMH registered dieticians are offered January through April of each year, with registration taking place in January. The course offers a rebate if healthy weight loss goals are attained during the 12 week program.